Skip to main content

The Secret Beach

After a wonderful breakfast today we set out for adventure.

Rented a golf cart for 24hours (that seems to be the way of transportation on the island) we rented it for $50 US dollars. We explored the island a bit and headed off to the "secret beach" after about 30-40mins of driving we made it to the secret beach, which actually doesn't have a beach but instead has piers to hang out on. The water was beautiful! We relaxed a bit, took some pictures and came back to our place. So rumor has it that we might be expecting Hurricane Earl tomorrow so places are shutting down and we supplied our little home with food and water.

Our afternoon was on the beach with some ice cream floaties. Tanning. Relaxing. Taking in the calm before the storm.

Our hostel awaited us with the free 7pm rum and so we sat in the general area with our Missouri friends ( Ross and Alexa) and played dice and cards for a bit while we talked about our Belize adventures, our Belize wishes and our Belize "storm" knows.

Currently in the room we want to sleep but we found a huge bug with wings and we are now trying to kill it. We sprayed some bug spray on it but now we can't find the damn thing... Wish us luck!

Fun eats of the day: I had a Pibil Sandwich and it was yummy! (Pulled pork belizean style!) and I found bubble tea, gosh I love those things (it was aight.)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corazón contento en Bali

" Pictures are a one way ticket to a memory..." - unknown Well I haven't blogged in some days now ( I don't plan on blogging every single day... some of you asked ) A lot has happened and my heart has been racing with excitement every single day. I am In love with the Islands of Indonesia, and I hope that you all can experience it some day. It's true that pictures are worth a thousand words, so here are some pictures and small captions. It's Tuesday on my side of the world, and my week in Indonesia is almost over. Every single time I go to a beach and go horseback riding I ask if I can take the horses into the water, thus far different state and country rules of places I have been to don't allow it. In the Gilli Islands horseback riding in the ocean is possible. I have  always wanted to ride in the ocean! My horse was swimming, I was swimming and the wind that hit my face whispered words of freedom. Goal number #35 - check! 

¡Ya llegué!

This is where I am staying, Karana Residence. I finally made it to Bali, Indonesia ! Goodness. So many emociones. I left Oregon on Tuesday... and arrived today Thursday at 2:40pm Bali time. Woah. My first flight from Portland was to Canada ( 1.5 hour flight), then Canada to Singapore (13 hour flight), then Singapore to Manila (3.5 hours ) and finally Manila to Bali ( 3 hours) + about 9 hours at airport transfers... phew!!!  As soon as I arrived at the Bali airport I took out some rupiahs from the ATM and headed out to find a taxi. My "taxi" ended up being some random guy who wasn't a taxi and got lost trying to find Karana... sigh. Wasted 1 whole hour, I mapped it out beforehand and  it was supposed to be a 6 minute drive from airport (eye roll) The roads in Bali are like a labyrinth and everyone is on scooters. Once I got settled I threw my stuff in my room and headed to the beach.  I got to see the sunset and after all those flights and lost drive

First Stop - Korea

I made it to Korea!!! it was a very longgggggggggg plane ride (11hrs) and the last hour I started to feel sick, but I was able to take care of myself and now I am feeling my healthy self again! The plane ride was an experience in itself. First off it was the biggest plane I've ever flown in with 8 seats of width!!! and 12 flight attendants (yes, I counted). I thought it was very nice that  all the passengers got their own pair of slippers ^_^. Another thing I had never seen was that we all got hot wet towels handed to us from baskets with tongs which people seemed to use to either clean their hands or wipe their face, I choose to clean my hands. Lastly I got to enjoy some "Bibimbap" which is a famous Korean cuisine composed of steamed rice, minced beef and other veggies! xoxo, Yesi P.S Kudos to Asiana Airlines they collected money for UNICEF!!!!! what a great way to give back, and what a great idea to collect loose currency, a money little adds up!!!